Wednesday 20 July 2022

Wednesday Wonder #48 Circle Stepper card by Gail Mands

Wednesday Wonder #48

 CIRCLE STEPPER CARD


Hello fellow crafters! Welcome to Wednesday Wonder #48 I have a stepper card to show you today but with a bit of a twist - it's a circle! Stepper cards can seem a bit fiddly to begin with but are a great card to put a variety of toppers and embellishments on and I love that the circle cards have a rocking movement too.



I'm starting with a circle measuring 6 1/2" but you can use any size and adjust the 'steps' to suit.  I've used a circle cutter to cut my circle but you could use a large die or, if you have the skills, you can draw round a small plate and cut it out.



Use a pencil to mark at 4" (you can rub it out once you're done)



On your scoreboard turn the circle so the line is horizontal with the short side at the top - to make sure its straight line it up with a ruler. Score it from the top down to the line/ruler at 1 1/2, 2, 3, and 4. You also need to score it at 3 1/4 all the way across the card so best to leave that one until last after you remove your ruler.



(I had to swap my scoreboard as I forgot my Hougie Board doesn't do 1/4")

To make the steps you need to cut from the first score to the last score. I use a craft knife but you might be lucky and be able to use your cutting board!

Now you need to fold your scores - alternating mountain and valley folds and use your bone folder on the creases to make them flat.



Once the card is folded flat you will notice a bit that sticks out but just turn it over and use a scissors to cut it to the shape of the card to make it round again.



Now it's time to decorate the card - If you want to cover the front with paper (as I often do) I find it easier to cut a circle 1/4" smaller than the blank, so in this case 6 1/4" and cut it down to fit the stepper.



You might need to make your own envelope to make sure it fits but depending how you decorate it you might be able to fit it into a 6x6 envelope.



Thanks for stopping by, if you give it a try don't forget to share it on Creative Minds Kind Hearts.

Take Care and happy crafting!

Gail x


No comments:

Post a Comment

#weeklypromptfloraandfauna   You will need… Cardstock Tape/glue Patterned paper Complimentary dies/die cuts. Make your card with me … Cut yo...