Tuesday 14 September 2021

Cathryn Walker - Trifold Tags

As you may know I do love a good tag so today have done a little fold out tag tutorial for you, perfect for gift cards, little notes or an alternative to a card.  



My folded tags measure 3"x6" but you can adapt this to make tags as small or large as you like.  I cut a 9 3/8" x 6" sheet of card then scored along the longest edge at 3", 3 2/8", 6 2/8" and 6 3/8".


To cut the tag shape I marked 1/2" in and 1/2" down from each top corner then cut between these to remove the corners. 

I then used a chestnut brown ink around the tags front and back to give it a more vintage look. 


I then cut patterned paper from my vintage dreams paperpad into 5 tags measuring 2 3/4" x 5 3/4", 3 Small tags measuring 1 1/2" x 2 3/4" and a 1 1/2" x 6" strip of paper. 



I used 2 of the large tags to decorate the inside of the folded tag.  For the strip I layed out the small tags against the back of the paper and marked between the tags before gluing along the marked lines and sticking into the middle inside tag to make 3 slots for the little tags. 



I attached a ribbon to tie my tag so I glued this into place then secured with double sided tape before decorating the front and back covers with the other large tags. 



I also cut out two 2"x 2 3/4" rectangles then cut these diagonally to make little pockets for the inside of my tags.  I attached these by gluing along the horizontal and vertical sides and leaving the diagonal side unglued to create a "pocket" that you can use for little notes or more tags. 




Look forward to seeing all your crafty makes 😊







2 comments:

  1. Beautiful,Thank you for the instructions 😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super make. Looks really good with these papers too x

    ReplyDelete

#weeklypromptfloraandfauna   You will need… Cardstock Tape/glue Patterned paper Complimentary dies/die cuts. Make your card with me … Cut yo...