Wednesday 11 August 2021

JULIE WALKER-NAUTICAL OPEN Z FOLD CARD

I got the inspiration for this card from a lovely card I received from Mary Kelly, and I would like to once again thank her for both her card and the inspiration for this card.


Items used

Hunkydory - You Light Up My world, toppers and  1 backing sheet

1 Sheet gold card

Santorum Gorjuss paper ribbon

Colours Unlimited adhesive pearls

1 5” x 5” pre-scored card blank

    12.5cm x 12.5cm

I extra strip of card 2” x 11”

                                5cm x 28cm

Double-sided tape

Wet glue

Foam pads (optional)


Score the strip of card at 2 1/2” and 6”

                                        6.5cm and 15.2cm

Also, score the front of the card blank at 2 1/2”

                                                                 6.5cm




Mats and layers used

Card front 2 1/4” x 4 3/4” and 2” x 4 1/2”

                  5.75cm x 12cm and 5cm x 11.5cm

Middle of card 4 3/4” square and 4 1/2” square

                         12cm square and 11.5cm square

Band front panel 1 3/4” x 2 1/2” and 1 5/8” x 2 1/4”

                             4.5cm x 6.3cm and 4cm x 5.7cm

Band middle panel 1 3/4” x 3 1/4” and 1 5/8” x 3”

                                4.5cm x 8.3 cm and 4cm x 7.7cm


Method 

Attach the band of card to your card blank. I attached this onto the front of the inside of the card and slightly disguised this by adding ding a decorative band to my design, you could attach it this way or onto to the back of the card. I just preferred having a smooth back to the card to write on.



Make up your mats and layers and adhere to the relevant sections then just enjoy decorating your card how you wish.

I made two of the card front mats and layers so that I could also decorate the inside front panel, the Hunkydory card I used worked nicely like that, but it is entirely up to you how many panels you decorate, my card is now quite thick so will need either a larger envelope or a box for delivery. 



I also used foam pads to raise the front tag, the inside topper and the birthday wishes sentiment.

Hope you like this card and have fun making it your own xx

Best Wishes

Julie

 

4 comments:

#weeklypromptfloraandfauna   You will need… Cardstock Tape/glue Patterned paper Complimentary dies/die cuts. Make your card with me … Cut yo...